My husband loves just about anything with Nutella, which means I am able to experiment with it pretty much anytime I want. The Nutella Ring pictured is my recent creation.
It has been a winner with many guests over the past couple of months. However, we had one guest who said they tried it out of politeness since they don’t care for Nutella (crazy right?). This guest decided they liked it so much, they took another piece.
Recently we had some guests during the week and our youngest had to head off to school before breakfast. When he learned I was making the Nutella Ring he wanted to skip school–LOL. Fortunately for him, I saved a piece.
Recipe for Nutella Ring
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet (can use a puffed pastry sheet if want it to be flaky–just need to adjust oven temperature according to package)
- 1/2 cup Nutella (do not use generic)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (I used finely chopped almonds)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar or decorator sugar crystalsd
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Microwave Nutella for about 3o seconds and stir well, set aside.
- Unroll dough on work surface. Press into a 13×8-inch rectangle. Spread hazelnut spread evenly over dough to within 1/4 inch of edges. Sprinkle with hazelnuts, reserving 1 tablespoon for topping.
- Roll up dough starting at longest side; pinch to seal. Place seam side down lengthwise in the middle of a cookie sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, slice dough lengthwise to form 2 halves. Twist halves together with cut sides of the dough facing up. Shape into a circle; gently pinch ends together. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with sugar and reserved hazelnuts.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.