Discover the Charm and Delight in Our Famous Banana Bread Recipe
Nestled in the picturesque town of Clyde, NC, part of the Asheville metro area, the Creekside Inn bed and breakfast offers an idyllic retreat for those looking to relax, unwind, and reconnect with nature. This charming bed and breakfast combines the comforts of home with the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains, creating the perfect destination for a romantic getaway or a peaceful vacation. One of the many reasons guests love the Creekside Inn is the delicious, homemade breakfasts we serve, featuring our famous Best Ever Banana Bread.
A Glimpse of Our Story
Before diving into the mouth-watering banana bread recipe, let’s take a moment to appreciate the origins of this delightful treat.
Mike’s dad was a Highway Patrolman in North Dakota for many years. Shortly after Mike and I got married, his mom gave me the Highway Patrolman Cookbook (similar to the old church cookbooks) to start building my cookbook collection, as I had a passion for cooking & dabbling with baking. I have been making Banana Bread for almost 30 years, and below is the original with some of my unique tweaks. The bread has become a favorite at Creekside Inn and with our kiddos.
Best Ever Banana Bread Recipe
Indulge in the flavors of our famous banana bread by following this simple recipe.
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ c plus 1 T buttermilk**
- 1 tsp vanilla*
1 ½ cup sugar
Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a 9×5 greased loaf pan (sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the bottom for added flavor).
- Mash bananas in a large bowl, then add oil, buttermilk, and vanilla, whisking together.
- Add sugar and mix into the mixture with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and soda, add salt, and whisk together.
- Add dry ingredients to the liquid mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when tested.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- *Measure flour, then sift it.
- **Real buttermilk with fat is best; otherwise, use Buttermilk Blend.
- *Real vanilla is best; add about ½ tsp Vanilla Paste for extra flavor.
- **Consider adding about 1 cup of mini chocolate chips for an extra level of yumminess.
Experience the warm hospitality, picturesque surroundings, and mouthwatering breakfasts at the Creekside Inn in Clyde, NC. Book your stay today and enjoy our famous Best Ever Banana Bread as part of your unforgettable experience in the Asheville metro area.